Nov 27, 2010

Advent Calendars

Many families use Advent calendars as a fun way of getting children involved in the Advent season. Early Advent calendars usually focused on the birth of Jesus Christ as Advent is a time of anticipation of Christmas Day, the day of Jesus' birth. Modern Advent calendars come in every shape and size and feature various Christmas themes from the Nativity to Santa Claus. Many families use Advent calendars simply as a fun countdown to Christmas.

I've scoured the internet in search of adorable DIY Advent calendars. The following are my favorite top ten finds. There's not a lot of time before December 1st to get one made unless you're, dunt da da da...SUPER CRAFTER GAL! (or SUPER CRAFTER GUY!, whichever the case may be). But I'm thinking, it'd be okay to start your countdown a little bit late, there will still be lots of days of countdown fun for the kiddies to enjoy. So here we go:


 





(Soooo clever!)



I love the whole idea behind these darling little advent bags!

8 comments:

  1. Each of these is fantastic. I have been working on my own design, but maybe I'll just use one of these...thanks for compiling them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! I'm always amazed by all the clever and talented people out there. If you do create your own design I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What neat ideas. I like the traditional Advent calenders but I think the more modern versions are so fun. What a great way to instill the true meaning of Christmas into our families. Wise men still seek Him.

    Take good care,

    Karem

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls would love these. We got an advent calendar last year with a piece of chocolate behind each day. They didn't understand the "one a day thing." They are so related to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, wonderful post. They are all so cute. Happy 1. Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all for your nice comments. You must know how much I love comments! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, thanks for sharing all these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My, I am "SO LATE" discovering you over here!!! I LOVE these advent calenders and would have LOVED to be part of the fun BEFORE Christmas! Oh Well! I LOVE all these wonderful ideas... I used to make an advent basket with all little goodies wrapped up and the kids took turns opening them... Hugs to you, Donna

    ReplyDelete